Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Unhappy Birthday to you, UN.

Today is United Nations Day, which makes me want to punch my own teeth out because of their complete lack of incompetence. To celebrate I would highly recommended buying the book Tower of Babble: How the UN has Fueled Global Chaos by Dore Gold. Not convinced? Rent Hotel Rwanda for an up close and personal representation of their policies and procedures in action.

Their only saving grace is the UN Millennium Development Goals, which I have yet to find any fault with. It does have many great qualities that – if actually enforced and implied – could help us provide substantial relief to suffering Third-World countries. A detailed outline of this can be found in The End of Poverty: Economic Possibilities for our Time by Jeffery Sachs.

Please feel free to send them a “Happy Birthday” card. You know I will.

Love,
Denise

No comments: