Monday, November 01, 2010

Extreme Makeovers

Halloween started with a rather unconventional makeover for Oliver. With awesome hair like that it was only a matter of time. Abby was a maverick with those hair clips, and she even got the roller in right. Perhaps she has a future in this...

This look epitomizes that old ditty, 'I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts"....

My man is such a diva.

Abby wanted me to take some photos of her in her church getup. Some of her friends were wearing ballerina skirts yesterday in their family photos and she was just dying to join in.



She enjoyed a hearty lunch of Pringles on the stove.

Sundays are always incredibly hard when Jeremy is gone. I am able to keep busy for most of the week but Saturdays and Sundays DRAG by. That being said, I am not shy about inviting myself over for Sunday dinner at people's houses. I think I've managed to ask myself into someones house nearly every Sunday evening Jeremy has been gone. I even surprised some members by showing up at their family home evening, because we are literally brothers and sisters and I believe it is ALWAYS appropriate that I be invited when the 'family' gets together.

I was THRILLED -- and probably the only Mormon that was --that this year Halloween came on a Sunday so I would have a reason to go visit everyone. Halloween is just visiting people in costume and some of them were even sick (way to take one for the team, Shawna) and/or old, so I consider that an Sabbath activity. I even got an invite from the Fellows to come to dinner before hand and sample some of their soups. There were seriously fantastic.

They had over 1000 kids come to their house. Most of them were not children. I was incredibly surprised that a lot of the parents were drinking while taking their little ones house to house. FYI -- I do not consider that a safe Sabbath activity.

Here are some photos of the kiddos:





4 comments:

Cassandra Hill said...

Ollie is going to get his revenge one day... I remember doing that to my little brother who was outnumbered 3 to 1.

I love his little tootsie roll costume and Abby's ballerina skirt and necklace. Your kids are so adorable!

Being Ausmus said...

Hahahaha I love the picture of Ollie with the purple flower! You're right Abby really is good, she can do my hair any day! He is also the cutest tootsie roll I have ever seen:)!!!
You're comment about inviting yourself over had me laughing out loud. You're the best D, I sure do love ya!!!! So proud of you, single parenting is for the birds and you're doing great!!! Jeremy is a lucky man!!!
xo

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Love the make-over; right down to the bangle bracelets. Oliver is so adorable no matter his style.

Looks like you convinced Abby to keep the sheep costume hat on. Cute kids.

Thanks for sharing these precious moments with us!

Anonymous said...

Oliver is so stinkin' cute...rollers and all!