Thursday, March 04, 2010

I Still Need Your Help!

One of the other GVN volunteers, Andy, took these gorgeous photos while we were in Africa. I have so many of his pictures placed around my home. It reminds me of the wonderful people I met, and how truly blessed I am. Africa has a spirit that you just can't capture on film, but it's dynamic and addictive. Someday I'll be back...



I wanted to send one quick follow-up email to thank everyone who took the time to read my email last week regarding the urgent situation regarding the children at Grace Elementary school. Many of you donated, sent your prayers or passed along my email to people you knew might be interested in assisting Stepwise. Your good deeds helped us raise almost 70% of their yearly budget. Many of the donated funds are already being put to good use, and there will be pictures and details coming over the next few weeks.

We still need $800 to cover the costs of Grace Elementary’s yearly budget. If you were thinking of donating, now is the time. Many of their programs are time-sensitive and can’t be started or continued without immediate assistance.

I put my original email on my blog with pictures -- http://deniserobertson.blogspot.com/2010/02/miracles-in-action.html. Please feel free to pass this link along to anyone you think might be interested in supporting this great cause.

The Stepwise website for donations can be reached here -- http://stepwise.org/. Just click the paypal button to access their online donation site.

Stepwise has various East African initiatives, so please email me (denisemrobertson@yahoo.com) with your donation information to ensure your donation will go directly to Grace Junior and not be applied to another one their programs.

I am so grateful for the love and support of all of you. These children are remarkable. I know they send heartfelt thanks and gratitude.

Cheers,
Denise

No comments: