Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Acting Like Animals

I'm using my zoo/aquarium pass like a mad fool. It's the perfect way to spend an afternoon with the kids, especially when the weather doesn't look the greatest.

I almost didn't bring my camera, but I was super glad I did when Shawna got crapped on by some random bird. I guess she doesn't need a souvenir!

Oliver had been screaming at me all morning long.

ALL. MORNING. LONG.

I seriously was at the end of my rope. Shawna was kind enough to walk him in the stroller far in front of me until he passed out. I really love Oliver to pieces, but his screaming can send me right to the edge sometimes. It's so nice to have someone around to pitch hit for me on bad days.

He was back to his chipper, lovely self after his super long nap.


Sweet Abby gets hit in the face by his smacking arm quite a few times every day. She is so patient and understanding with him. She deserves a medal.

Instead she got to spend time on this time out stump for failing to heed my rules on leaving the playground without asking my permission. Rules are rules, even at the zoo!

Dunkin Donuts = chocolate overload = naptime. Awesome.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Denise. I'm so glad you had a friend step in when you had reached your limit. Thank goodness Jeremy will be home soon!

Aunt Kim said...

What a super fun day! I am so glad you have an awesome friend to help out with the tiny screamer! xo

Gotta Move! said...

What a fun mom you are. I would love to hang out with you and have so many adventures.