Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Berry Good Time

We went berry picking this week about 45 minutes outside of Berlin. The weather was fantastic and the loot was awesome.

I think Abs was 10 times more excited to have this box than to pick the berries. She walked up and down the aisles forever just looking at it. I'm sure she was contemplating how to create a more efficient box for the next time we come.

I'm not going to lie, the kids baskets were full of green, purple, and half eaten blueberries. I spent a good portion of the day dumping out their baskets when they weren't looking and refilling them without drawing attention to my master plan. It was exhausting, but serious fun.



Oliver had a reaction to his MMR shot that he got last week and was rocking fever of 103.5 the night before this adventure. This continued for a few days -- fine during the day and running a temp at night. Can't you tell that he was thrilled to be living it up at the berry patch with us?

Please don't notice that I am taking out two of your berries for every one you put in!

BLUEberries. Only the blue ones.

Oliver was so patient with us. I had to keep ditching him at the side of each row to help the other kids. He is such a delight.




4 comments:

Holly said...

yummalicious!

Holly said...

This is Denna on Holly's computer. I have never seen a blue berry bush before. What a great experience!

Aunt Kim said...

I want to take Reese picking blueberries over in Mount Brydges but I am not sure what to do with Aaron. He is either going to have to sit bored in his stroller or I will spend the whole time chasing hime and leaving with no berries. Oh what to do. I hope they tasted great. I love blueberries with vanilla yogurt. Yummers !!!

Callicott Family said...

Yum! We went blueberry picking picking in New Jersey. I wasn't checking, and Lottie ate a lot more than went into her almost empty box. Oops.