Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Magic Show

When Jeremy said that he was deploying to Africa for six months I was mad jealous. I heart Africa in a serious way, especially Kenya. Someday we hope to do a hardship tour there -- someday as in when the kids stop eating things off the ground. We know quite a few people that have served there -- Nambia, South Africa, Kenya, Congo, Nigeria, Uganda, Senegal, Ghana, Botswana, etc. They have nothing but fantastic things to say about their experiences. I covet them and their mad awesome adventures.

Until then, I was thrilled to find these precious gifts arrive in the mail from my man. He never fails to please.




Oliver spends his days crawling around after Gracie. He is obsessed with poking her eyes, pulling her ears, sticking his hands in her mouth, and "brushing" her fur. Gracie is such a doll and rewards him plenty of licks and cuddles. We couldn't have found a more attentive/loving companion for the kiddos.

I totally caught Abby red handed (or should I say green mouthed) in the fun dip, which she promised she would not take from my drawer. I had her look in the mirror and tell me she did not eat the fun dip. Instead, she made this face and exclaimed, "Mom, it was magic."

This magic trick is brought to you by the time out chair. Enjoy the show.

Speaking of magic, Oliver showed off his fancy pants by peeing out his diaper and all over Shawna. He was pretty smug out it.


Oliver loves to watch TV. Abby loves to taunt him by watching it in bed so that he can't see/touch the screen. He responds by laying underneath the bed and screaming louder than the TV. I have no idea which is more annoying.

I'm sure she is thinking.... I have no idea how the TV got in my bed so Oliver can't watch it. It must have been magic.

I'm still not buying it.


4 comments:

Susanne said...

I love the magic fun dip! I'll have to use that excuse next time someone asks where all the cookies went...

Jill May said...

I don't really have anything special to add... just that I love reading your blog. Oh! And my cousin served in Zimbabwe. You can add that to your list now too :)

Holly said...

You guys have better magic tricks there in Germany:)

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Abby's green mouth. My favorite!!
Denise, you are looking so good. Love to see pics of you.