Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Loot

Germany has u-pick farms everywhere. I've become obsessed with them. We scored some major loot at this little ditty outside of Potsdam.

About eight scratches in, Abby was not down with helping pick the raspberries. In turn, she stayed near the top of the patch and scowled at Oliver and his plethora of toys.


I'm a huge fan of pears.

Normally, Oliver squishing freshly, picked berries all over his new clothes would have made me insane, but I had other concerns at that moment. We found an awesome patch with lush, delicious berries that everyone else had overlooked. It turns out we were right beside the bee houses, as seen by the massive amount of bees that began to swirl around us as we crashed their secret stash of berries. No wonder the bee keeper looked at us like we were crazy. I'm sure he told me in German. But, you know, I don't speak that language.



Jeremy makes the most fantastic mixed berry ice cream. It's totally worth picking berries near a beehive. Almost.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

That fruit looks amazing...and I'm sure if Jeremy came up with it, the ice cream is to die for. Enjoy a scoop for me :0)

Jessica said...

I can't wait to visit you in Germany and pick berries! We picked peaches and raspberries over the weeked and The Deuce cried the entire time. Fussy fuss faces!

Eden said...

yum! we have a huge raspberry patch on our side yard that is overrun with bees by morning and wasps by afternoon-- If I could just get them picked without getting stung then we would be livin large! I want to know how your new method of sleep works out, as I may have to use it next year-- you know with the new baby coming in February and all . . .

Gotta Move! said...

I hate that I am missing all of this fun berry goodness. Keep all of these thoughts in mind. Germany here I come in 2012.

Sommer Family said...

I'm totally buying a plane ticket and coming over. Safe some ice cream for me!