Monday, August 01, 2011

Oliver is One!

I really had no idea what theme I should have for Oliver's birthday. His favorite thing in the whole world is me, but I thought it might be a bit haughty to make a cake of myself for his big day. Instead, we went with a helmeted dinosaur theme. It was a big hit!

My adorable Oliver. I can't believe how much I love this sweet baby. He literally steals my heart with every smile, every giggle, and every slobbery kiss.



I am still shocked at how blessed we are to have two healthy, curious, and beautiful children. The joy they bring me is indescribable. Every day I am grateful we were given these two choice Spirits to raise and nurture. I am the luckiest.



Since Oliver won't eat anything but baby food, there was no stinking way he was going to eat any cake. I thought we could trick him into eating ice cream and frosting, but he threw a serious no on that as well.

Blue frosting = blue tongues

Abby was in charge of opening all the presents. She was kind enough to test each and every one to make sure they were safe for Oliver to play with. Anything deemed too "dangerous" was quickly placed in her room for future inspection. What a good big sister.

Happy birthday, Ollie!


8 comments:

Jessica said...

One already? HOW did that happen? He is such a beautiful child. I think he's a pretty smart kid to have YOU as his favorite thing in the whole world. duh.

Cassandra Hill said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Oliver!!! You are such a handsome little man! Hope you get to enjoy some of your presents and cake later on!

Marguerite said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he is one. He is really growning up so fast and I can't believe how his face is thinning out (or is it the lack of the helmet?). He is so handsome and those eyes are to die for. He is going to break ALOT of hearts when he grows up (poor girls).

Jill said...

I don't really know this helmet-less boy. He looks way too grown-up to be the Oliver I remember. I guess I'll have to reacquaint myself with him when we get back next week!

Holly said...

Dang! I was hoping to see you on the cake!:)

Aunt Kim said...

Olliver is so beautiful. I love his dark eyes. He is really leaning out. I can't wait to give him a few cuddles!

Jena said...

What a cutie! I just want to pinch his cheeks!

The Johnsons said...

He is such a cutie. I love his big eyes. You can tell he is smart just by looking at them.

I love the story of Abby running to her dad...and sticking to him like glue for days. My cousins had to go through deployment (a full year) and she has all sorts of stories like that. As well as the "re-entry" they experience as a couple i.e. man piles, extra lump in the bed, etc. etc. :)

YOu look really beautiful in that picture...and always. And I REALLY wish we could all hang out and talk about yours and Jeremy's recent experiences. grammer anyone?