Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Amsterdam - Day Four

Jeremy loves to hear live music and Abby loves to be with Dad, so they went to a special childrens music event at this concert hall. It was in Dutch, which is pretty close to German, so Abby was able to follow along enough to enjoy it. 


We had an hour or so to kill before the concert, so we hung out in the park by the Van Gogh museum. 


Even the outside looked pretty stinking cool.

 

I really wanted to see this museum, but Ollie was threatening to cut his ear off at the injustice of making him be quiet for another tour. He was in full freak out mode -- rolling on the ground, whining, and alternating between refusing to walk and screaming about being held. Ugh. Traveling with toddlers is awesome. And by awesome I mean frustrating and infuriating. So we bailed on the museum and went to The Hard Rock Cafe. At least I was happy.


I love seeing how the rich people live in the countries we visit. These houses did not disappoint.





While half the family was in the concert, Mom and I walked along the canals, tried some delicious chocolates, and tried to force Ollie to wear his right shoe and sock. Just in case you were wondering, we were unsuccessful.



I couldn't decide which house I like better, so I took a million photos of every home I loved.


What's missing from Ollie's leg. It's that dang shoe! I have no idea how many people let me know it was missing. Like I had no idea. At least this bubble-blowing bear made him happy.



Divine chocolates. Worth the pretty price tag.


Another reason why I hate most artwork.





Someday I would love to buy a houseboat in Amsterdam and hang out for six months or so. I'm going to focus all my inner joy on making that happen. I'll keep you posted.




I love bridges. They are so romantic. Makes me want to get my mack on. Too bad I was with my mom and not Jeremy. I don't think she would appreciate it quite as much...





This store was awesome. Nearly every table had a different decorated cake on it. The cupcakes were nearly as good as Susanne's. And that's saying something.


1 comment:

Jill said...

I love that you took a picture of Ollie's meltdown. Everyone has their own Amsterdam Experience.

And what is it about bridges? I totally know what you mean. It's a good thing your mom wasn't wearing a kilt, or things could have gotten really awkward...