Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Amsterdam - Day Three

We had a frustrating experience trying to find the right boat for our canal cruise. We ended up in a huge line of tour groups -- consequently getting lost from one another. Then we ended up on the wrong boat and had to get off. Then Ollie ate it on the sidewalk while we were trying to get to the next boat. Just awesome. But, in the end, our boat was nearly empty so the kids could act out without judgement from the fellow boaters. I'm a fan of that.




This reminds of Abby and Ollie. Abby had to be sucked out of me with the vacuum during her delivery and had a very small rise on the top of her head. It quickly went away, but I'm sure this is what it would have looked like had it not.





We had a blast at the flower parade. It was pretty cold that evening and we were all under dressed. The parade was extremely short but totally awesome. Every float was made out of flowers. It's crazy what they created. The highlight for everyone was the band that performed on bikes. How Amsterdam is that? My mom and I were laughing so hard I could barely hold Abby up. I was just waiting for someone to take a nose dive into flower Heaven. Maybe next year.



There was a random laser show after the parade. Um. No comment.


Europeans love anything cowboys and Indians so I was not totally surprised to see a float dedicated to this passion. That being said, I was a little thrown off guard by the people hollering and chanting like wild Indians on the back of this float. It was straight up pow-pow awesomesauce. Anytime I see something this offensively funny I have to take pictures and send them to my college Native Canadian roommate Sheri.We worked as Native Canadian tour guides for a few summers and I stinking loved it. I made some of the authentic crafts and I was mad skilled at it. Just for the record, I'm not Native Canadian, which makes me being the authentic-craft-master all the more hilarious. Man I miss that girl.



I have no idea who/what this is. Any guesses?


I think we all liked this float the best. The flower tails were so detailed and beautiful.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

At first I thought that egg on Ollie's head was from that one episode and I was freaking out. Not that falling isn't any better but still...