Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Normandy - Life on the Farm

We were lucky enough to stay at the most amazing B&B near Normandy. It was a series of buildings built before the revolution that were turned into a bed and breakfast where the stables once stood. The town was very small and old and so when we pulled into the courtyard it felt like we had stepped back in time.











Abby loved this tree swing and Ollie loved the small playground that was in the back. We all loved feeding and playing with the farm animals.







The bedrooms were super cute.







The poppy fields were breathtaking. We had to pull over and get right in the middle of this one.




We loved the city of Falaise, France. Everywhere you turned there was a perfect picture.





These people made the castle walls into fun patios and decks. So cute.





This area belongs to the Castle of William the Conqueror. The church beside it was pretty awesome as well. 







5 comments:

Jill May said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I would LOVE to go to Normandy! One day...

Jessica said...

I am dying over these photos. I am such a sucker for the countryside and your B&B? Bliss. farm animals and views? I want to come across a field of poppies in France! Lucky duck!

Jill said...

I LOVE this! The B&B is amazing! And, can we talk about those poppy fields? This is exactly what I'd love to see in France.

Jill said...

I LOVE this! That B&B is amazing! And, can we talk about those poppy fields? This is exactly what I'd love to see in France.

Being Ausmus said...

I would have LOVED to stay in that bed and breakfast...so cute! And I LOVE poppies!!! That field was gorgeous...had I been with you I would have made you lie in it with me...and maybe roll around a little...really get our pictures worth:)!!!