Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Marie and Monet - France

One of the coolest places in France is the Chateau du Versailles. This is where Marie Antoinette spent her days (she had a cottage on the grounds) before she lost her head. The history here is fascinating and the gardens and grounds are stunning. We could have spent all day here wandering around the gardens and sitting by the fountains. Lucky for us, Denna studied up on all the sites before we got there so she was able to give us a running commentary on what was important to see and why. 














After we returned to Berlin, we watched the movie Marie Antoinette. I was so much fun to see the movie and remember all the neat things we saw at Versailles. I can’t believe someone actually lived on those grounds. Wish it was me!








The last part of the day we spent at Monet’s house in Giverny, France. Mad awesome. Flowers galore! 





Monet’s house.








His famous pond!






2 comments:

Jill said...

Holy cow! No wonder Monet was so awesome. I bet I'd paint like a master too, if I was always surrounded by all that. (Oh, who am I kidding? I'd just snap photos and then go inside to watch Downton Abbey. Or Project Runway. With a Coke Zero.)

Being Ausmus said...

LOL thank goodness you said it was "before" she lost her head...yikes that was scary for a minute ;) Can I please live on Monet's property...TO DIE FOR!!!