Saturday, September 16, 2006

09/13 - The best flight ever!

My flight was the best ever. I totally recommend Emirate Air to anyone.

I had over 500 channels on my personal computer screen -75 of them were movies - and over 600 music choices. There was even a remote in case we were too lazy to raise our arms. One of the channels was an in-flight exercise program where you could exercise away the blood clots. Thank goodness no one actually used it.

We ate like kings from menus. It was the first time I ever got a choice in what I wanted besides veg or regular.

They handed out a thank you pack with some sleeping equipment - pillows, eye covers, etc - so I got a lot sleep. There was no one of the plane so I got my own row to stretch out in. When airline imposed "night" came star appeared on the ceiling of the plane above the isle.

There were two cameras attached ot the plane so you could see where you were going - one at the front of the plane and one pointing out of the bottom. Most of the time these just showed clouds but when we got close to the ground it was really cool, especially flying into Dubai. I could have spent the whole trip on the plane and came home happy.

The ladies wore hats with scarves that wrapped out of their hats and around their necks. They were super smart and knew languages from countries I haven't even heard of. They claimed they knew 10 different languages between the five of them but I wasn't in quiz mode so it can't be verified. Apparently being a flight attendant is a huge deal in the Middle East and people start working to get qualified years before they start applying. The My favorite part of the flight was when they said, "at no point are you allowed to congregate in groups." Dang, I was planning on a group hug at the end.

Flying into Dubai was totally awesome and I wish that I had taken a day to tour around before flying on. For hours all I could see out my window was sand. Flying into Dubai I could see all the barges in the water and then a sea of yellow houses and white cars.

Everyone in the airport was really nice and helpful. Using the phone was rocket science and a nice man gave me his calling card and then a Kenyan woman taught me how to dial. They must think I am totally stupid; however, at this point they might be right :)

Unfortunately I lost my luggage in Dubai - when I missed my plane - and I still don't have it. That's right; it has been five days in the same clothes with no deet in sight. I think it will be a miracle if I come home without Malaria. It's actually quite hysterical how gross I am at this point.

Loves!

No comments: