Sunday, November 01, 2009

Butterfly Kisses

I had no idea what Abby should be for Halloween. It was too late to order anything, and there were only four different options for costumes 12-24 months. All the costumes had bare arms and legs, which is dang cold for this time of year.

Thankfully, my friend Kim sent this awesome outfit for Abby when she was just a wee babe. I'd packed it away for a later time and forgot about it. I was thrilled that it fit when I came across it last week. Totally adorable. The best part is, I'm sure Kim doesn't even remember this outfit. She'll be as surprised as Abby was to see it. Kim has saved the day on more occasions than she even knows.

Here were a few shots before the big outing....




Abby thought is was hilarious to give daddy kisses while "flying" in the tree. She is such a daddy's girl.




Even the strongest butterflies get tired from all that flying. Good thing her dad was here to give her a piggyback ride.

Our friend Lou does holidays like no other. He's to the far right scaring the crap out of Japanese trick or treaters.

Abby had to take a time out by these awesome pumpkins.

I was pretty hardcore about her not eating the candy, but she did manage to sneak a chocolate bar and some suckers by me. I couldn't resist her hilarious grin.


Here she is getting some flying lessons with dad.



6 comments:

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

So glad to vicariously experience your trick-or-treat evening. That butterfly costume is adorable. Way to go Kim. Happy memories.

Being Ausmus said...

Love that outfit...three cheers for Kim!!!! I wondered whether or not there would be halloween festivities over there for you...Lou definitely proved to me halloween is as big in Japan as it is here:)! Great pic's by the way...you definitely have a good eye for taking pictures!
xo
PS guess whose flying home to visit her parents tomorrow and learning how to make pounded chicken so she can make it for her best friend when she comes to visit!!!! Thats right...ME!!!!
PS guess whose finding out the sex of her baby today...thats right ME again!!!! Wish I could call you...either call me or make sure you check your email when you wake up!!!!!
xoxo

Aunt Kim said...

Abby did have an awesome Halloween! Super cute costume! While we were parked at Ron and Joanne's Reese saw a pack of kids and kept up to them as they went trick or treating down the street. She loves kids! Too bad Abby and Reese couldn't go trick or treating together. That would have been a blast!

Jena said...

Butterflies are the best. Especially when they are little Abby-flies.

I'm wanting to try a Jodi Picoult book. I thought I would ask you which one I should start with. I know that you like her so I'm going to the expert!

Eden said...

I love costumes on toddlers--Abby was so cute! Jay was a frog--but I need to dress him back up to get some pictures--(bad mom)

Telitaadams said...

What a beautiful little bug she is! You guys had a much more exciting Halloween than we did. We had only four tricker-or-treaters, but then again, that's more than we got in the five years we were in D.C. Maybe we need to deck our lawn like your neighbor dude.