Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween Trickery

I try to expose my English students to as many Western things as possible. A Halloween party was just another way for me to do that.

A costume was required to enter my house. About 90% of them came as witches. Alright, I'll let that pass. It's their first time dressing up. No points for originality.

I created a pumpkin carving contest mostly because I really wanted some cool pumpkins for my porch and I was too lazy to carve them myself. Genius, I know.

Abby went as a super cute bee. This was her second place Halloween costume. She spent the whole night eating off my students plates, stealing the door prizes and trick or treating in their purses. That's my girl.
I know it's hard to see where I am in this picture. I'm the one NOT in black. That's right; I'm a super snazzy solider. I just reek of discipline and authority. Don't you all wish your neighbour flew black hawks and wore the same size clothes as you. It's Halloween every day here on base.
Abby's looks thrilled the night is over. Wait until she sees me put all the leftover candy in the garbage. Nothing says Halloween like a little extra junk in my trunk. HOORAH.

Jeremy was shocked how natural I looked in this uniform. Maybe I'll join the reserves and take my turn in the sandbox. If only I could find a recruiter.....

3 comments:

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

I must commend you on throwing away the extra candy. I don't have that kind of willpower.

Aunt Kim said...

I wish I was invited to your kick-ass Halloween party! Abby - super cute as usual! It would have been fun wearing your Halloween costume!

Callicott Family said...

I love 90% witches. It's better than the 90% princesses we got this year.