Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Weekend Joy

This year Easter weekend corresponded with the opening of millions of blooming cherry blossoms. I couldn't imagine a more symbolic vision of what the resurrection truly means. What an amazing and memorable experience.

Abby was not so thrilled to be there. She wanted to run around and not be bothered by all the crowds. People love to take her picture and stare. It gets a little old. She's running away from Jeremy in this picture.

Abby could have watched these fish forever. I was waiting for her to stick her hand in and take one home.

She loved the potato tempura. She's quite the maverick with the chopsticks.

Captain danger refused to walk on the sidewalk.

I was planning on getting a few shots of Abby in her Easter dress later in the day but it started raining right after church. Fortunately, I was able to get a few pictures of her singing her nursery songs before we left.




The Easter bunny was kind enough to come in the morning. She even left a basket for the new baby.

Jeremy got lots of manuals to help us can and select healthier foods.

Can you see a theme in the clothes for the new baby?

I couldn't imagine a child less impressed to see what the Easter bunny left.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha she's thinking "what in the world..." I love it. I'm glad you guys had a great Easter :)

Jessica said...

what a beautiful weekend! Cute dress! Did Abby get any candy for Easter?

Crystal said...

I love that singing face.

Callicott Family said...

Beautiful cherry blossoms. Abby's non-reaction is priceless.

Eden said...

At least your Easter Bunny wasn't so lazy that when the kids woke up you had to tell them that "sometimes the Easter Bunny comes later on in the day when you're not looking, especially when its General Conference and he knows you don't have to wake up early"!

Jena said...

She is so cute! I love seeing that adorable little face.

Gma Denna said...

I have missed seeing the Japanes cherry blossoms in person. Thank you for sharing this beautiful sceen with us. My favorite though is the "Singing Abby"