Saturday, April 17, 2010

This Week...

Friday

My birthday was full of my favorite "F' things: family, friends, food and flowers. We started with a swimming play date in the morning. Abby loved it almost as much as I did. In the evening, Jeremy surprised me with my flowers and a homemade whip cream and strawberry shortcake. Totally delish. We topped off the night with cuddles and The Hurt Locker. The cuddling was awesome but the movie stunk it.


Tuesday

My OBGYN is pretty blunt, so I wasn't too shocked when he let me know I was getting fat again. The scale claims I've put on 35 pounds. BOO HISS. I had a super rough month (Easter, moving, no exercise) but am back on track. I love how end-of-the-world dramatic he gets with every extra pound. Obviously, I know how much it sucks to lose the weight -- last year I lost the 45 pounds I'm eventually going to gain back this year. I guess he miss understood the I'm-so-freaking-happy-I've-gained-35-pounds-already-cartwheels I was doing in the parking lot.

Today Abby rubbed it in by saying, "I love you, horse, instead of I love you, mom." To her defense, we were watching a horse show at the time. Jeremy thought that was the most hilarious thing. They're quite the comedy duo.


Monday

Abby loves to play hide and go seek, which is usually a really fun game. It's not so fun when she leaves the house without me knowing and plays it on the front yard by herself. I went ahead and canceled that game forever by putting a chain lock on the back door, but not even a metal lock can stop my Abby from winning a game. The next day she learned to squeeze herself through the small crack between wall and the door and got out anyway.

So now we have to use the door jam they hammered in to shorten the chain and trick her into thinking the door is locked. The things we have to do to keep the little critters safe.

5 comments:

heidizinha said...

Happy birthday!

I was so depressed when I gained 40 pounds...and then I gained 50 with Penny. But when you're pregnant and nothing else is satisfying but food and you can't walk around the block because your hips are going to fall out....

I hear your pain. And I'm planning on doing this 2 to 4 more times?!???!?!?!?????????!!!???????

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I just hope I don't gain 80 pounds again this pregnancy...but the way I am eating? Yikes.

Jena said...

Happy Happy birthday Denise dear! happy days will come to you all year. (can you tell I teach primary?)

Hope it was the best! Love that you punched your screen. Abby sounds like she knows exactly what she is doing!

Holly said...

Always a joy to see what ya'll are up to. Happy Birthday once again. Hope your move go smoothly too!

Anonymous said...

That strawberry shortcake looked DELICIOUS!!!