Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mickey Mouse!

I made a promise to myself that I would see Tokyo Disney before I left Japan. I was a little nervous taking Abby on such an adventure, but totally excited to see her reaction to the theme park magic. Luckily, Crystal and Ainsley were all over it. Crystal even had the courage to drive there, which is pretty dang insane to me.

Abby was totally THRILLED the whole day. She behaved like a princess and not one tantrum is to be reported. She braved every ride like a trooper and was not shy in yelling out "one more time" when she saw the ride nearing its end. She even managed to throw out quite a few stank eyes to keep our spirits upbeat and the day interesting.

The weather was perfect. There was NO lines. We literally walked on almost all the rides and into most of the shows. The kids were able to run free as we roamed around sampling the random foods and displays. It was pure bliss.

I wore layers to cover the baby bump and most of the workers were easily fooled into thinking I was just fat. Holding Abby in front of me was a good tool for covering baby boy Robertson. They were a little concerned the lap bar wouldn't merge into my fat layers and close all the way. It was just a good reason to hold Abby close and hold on tight.

There is nothing more to say, but BEST DAY EVER!

Crystal and I were way more excited than the kids to be there. This was a common theme through my pictures...
Abby does not like people dressing up as animals. She had no problem on the rides but was terrified by Mr. Happy Chipmunk. She had no problem waving bye and beelining it out of there. It should also be noted, we literally had to push the Japanese adults out of the way to get these photos. They were scrambling to get the character autographs. Somebody needs to let them know this isn't the REAL chipmunk.
There was only one ride that Abby was too little to ride. We kicked it by Ariel's castle until Ainsley and Crystal were done. Abby thought the strawberry popcorn was delish.

Clearly, we loved this ride to death.

This is a mid-shot ride of Abby and I rocking out the rides.

It was all smiles on the blow fish.

Abby gave the blow fish the pleasant stank eye.

Once again, Crystal is happier than the kiddos.

Aladdin's Kingdom had super awesome curry. Abby didn't want Aladdin to get too cocky, so she gave it four stank-eye stars.

Abby surprised me and rode the two-level carousel horses by herself. That's my courageous girl!

She gave the stank-eye to people who needed help riding.

I can't wait to take Abby on a REAL camel ride. Soon enough, my little Abs.


Abby has no problem snapping photos with dogs. They're always our friends.

Abby in front of the Tower of Terror.

No day would be complete without a bath in Fantasia's fountain.

We even caught the Tinkerbell parade at the end of the day.


Our favorite people at Disney!

Here are some videos of us riding the rides. I didn't want Jeremy to miss out on any of the action.
He gets motion sickness so I'm sure these will just make him vomit.





Our next big Disney adventure will be Euro Disney! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a BLAST! That's awesome. I'm so jealous- I always wanted to go to Tokyo Disney (Disney Sea too) but never got the chance :(

Some day.

Eden said...

That looks like so much fun-- I LOOOOOOOVVVVVE Disneyland!!

Jena said...

I want to go! lucky ducky.

Being Ausmus said...

AWWW so fun!!! Abby has the funnest mommy ever!!!

Jessica said...

You tease! Euro Disney! You deserve Europe after living in Japan. I always appreciate the stank eye shots.