Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

You are my favorite friend, husband, father, provider, and Priesthood holder I have ever known. Every day you amaze me more and more. It is such a thrill that we get to experience this life together. Having you away today is so hard. I wish you were here to cuddle! There is a big stack of presents waiting for you, but I’m sure the best ones will be little tiny hugs from some baby babes that miss their daddy.


I can’t wait to see your list of 30 things to do before your 40. I went ahead and came up with 10 ideas to inspire you. I hope other people reading this list will contribute as well.

10 of the 30 things you should do before you’re 40:

1. Take a course at the Cordon Bleu school

2. Learn Farsi so we can get a cool Middle East post or French so we can get a cool Africa post.

3. Get over your fear of LASIK surgery and just do it.

4. Attend the Westminster Dog Show.

5. Build a woodworking shop in our backyard.

6. Read all the half-read books on your bookshelf (this might seriously take 10 years).

7. Design a real wedding band.

8. Buy a piano and learn to play it.

9. Use that gigantic brain to make us some fast cash (think Jeopardy or Who Wants to be a Millionaire).

10. Go dog sledding.

As a part of your present I wanted to take some Mormon-inspired photos of the kids. You know which ones – everyone wears the same colors, flat irons their hair, and searches for months to get the ‘perfect’ locations. Ha. Abby was not having it. Instead I got some fun shots of Oliver. Since only a mother can truly know what is on his mind, I was kind enough to put some captions for you.

This is the only photo I have of Abby. She had already, literally, pulled her hair out in protest.

Oliver was content to sleep but I had other plans.

If he could talk he would say.... "Did you really just put me on the dirty ground."

"I have on those silly bear ears, don't I?"

"Where is my sister, and why is no one holding my head up?"

"This is just getting ridiculous. Who is going to believe I climbed this tree?"

"Falling backwards.... someone grab me... leaves not strong enough to hold my chub upright..."

After a day like this, there better be chocolate in that breast milk!"

We’ve traveled the world together, and my favorite place in the whole wide world is next to you.

Now come home so I can kiss you!


6 comments:

Jeremy said...

What a sweet wife I have! I'm grateful everyday for the fact that you took the bull by the horns and asked me on our first date. I can't imagine my life without you.

I'll always be grateful for you and all you do for me and our family. My mother tells me every time I speak with her, "You sure are lucky you found such a perfect girl in Denise because I don't think any other girl could stand you."

Thank you!

Callicott Family said...

Very sweet. And I see stank eye runs in the family.

Sister Kim said...

Great pictures of little Oliver! Pretty interesting to-do-list, I'm glad it's Jeremy's, way too much work!!! Good luck Jeremy! Add dancing a fast hip hop song with Kim at Pam's wedding to that list! He can pick the song! xo

Being Ausmus said...

Awww so sweet! My fav pic is of Ollie laying on the ground with his hood up...amazing!!!! And my fav caption is "there better be chocolate in that breast milk" Happy Birthday Jeremy!!! I have one more thing for your list of 30 things....ignore Denise's Middle East/Africa request and bring er on over to good ol Calgary AB. We have the Calgary Stampede people!!!! I promise to show you good times:)!!!!
PS. Love Jeremy's mom's comment...too funny!!!

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Denise
You certainly are the perfect girl for Jeremy. Thank you for loving him as much as we do. Please know that we are equally smitten with you. You are bright, witty, intuitive, strong and beautiful both inside and out. We feel like we hit the jack-pot to have you as a part of our eternal family. We echo Jeremy's thoughts. We can't imagine our lives without you.

Jena said...

"one year older and wiser too...happy birthday, to you!" Can you tell I'm in primary?

Hope you had a good one, even though I know you didn't, because you are not with your family...