Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fireworks

One of the most beautiful things I've seen since moving to Berlin is the Britzer Gardens. We spent an enchanting day there last week. I foresee many afternoons spent romping around these stunning grounds in our near future, especially when the trees start to change colors.


We always manage to find gelato every single place we go. We never say no to it, of course.


Only Abby could get bored of these flowers.







Abby loves to hide behind Oliver's stroller and jump out and say, "COOCOOK." It's the German version of peep-a-boo, which comes out as pretty stinking scary if done without any warning.

Who loves Nutella?

Peek-a-boo turned into hide-and-seek. I rock at that game, if I must say so myself.

Just after I snapped this photo, Abby fell over taking most of these precious flowers with her. Awesome.



I am going to run to the top of this hill before I leave Berlin. It looks small from this angle, but it is pretty massive. I'll be sure to take video of me eating it on the way down.

Ah, love.



Sometimes -- when they aren't whining -- I think how incredibly lucky I am to have such happy, healthy, intelligent, curious, and hilarious babies. It's overwhelming how much I love them. Our world literally revolves around them, as it should be.

I was trying to get their attention by waving at them. Oliver thought that looked like fun and would wave back and yell, "Buh Bye."

My favorite men in the whole wide world. Well, them and Thomas Friedman. Maybe next time he'll come along as well :P

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those Dahlias are to die for! I want to live there! YOur kids are so cute but Oliver waving? Too much cuteness. So nice to see a hubs in your photos! Mine is going to Bolivia for three weeks! Boo.

Holly said...

LOVE those kiddos!

Libby Scott said...

Really enjoyed all the pics. Wow, that one of you on the bench with Abby reminded me so much of your Dad leaning over. It was a major memory flashback. Oliver has changed so much. Miss all of you. xxoo

Aunt Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL family photos Denise!!! Everyone looks fabulous! I feel badly for Reese because she doesn't even get to experience 1/4 of what Abby and Ollie have seen in their short lives already! Your kids are so worldly! Stunning flowers. Pam would have loved to have posed for pictures there :)