Saturday, September 03, 2011

Newsworthy

Every Sunday the German paper in our neck of the woods features a different church. A few weeks ago they featured our church and they snapped me and my sweet Ollie teaching a lesson about the parable of The Talents. Some of the information they put in the article about our church was wrong, so I'm pretty happy they didn't put my name with my picture!





Abby is a HUGE fan of board games. Some of her favorites are: Memory, Candy Land, and Uno Junior. She's pretty good at losing, unless you are able to find the moon tiles in Memory before she gets a chance to match them. Sweet Mother of Pearl -- she'll rip your face off.


Ollie isn't afraid to show his displeasure at not being able to play at all by ripping the board off the table and eating some of the pieces. It's funny that he won't eat real food but will mow down on wooden display cutouts.


One of these kids is doing their own thing....


Best. Sandwich. Ever.


I love my friend Farida. She is opening her own kindercafe this fall. The winters here are extremely dark and cold, so having a place to take your kids and hang out with other moms is a necessity. She has the insider scoop on all things awesome, so I can't wait to watch her dream turn into a reality.


Abby and Jeremy surprised me with this beautiful bouquet...



Abby is such a stinking crackup. It's impossible to get a normal picture of her these days.



Here are some photos from a birthday party we made a cameo at a few weeks ago.




How does her armpit smell, Ollie?


4 comments:

Sommer Family said...

I love the pictures! Anders does great with wooden cut outs too!

Sommer Family said...

PS Your class looks so reverant and attentive! I don't know what you are complaining about.

Jessica said...

Famous Denise! When did Ollie get blonde hair? He's so cute. Abs is so fancy with her love of board games! A&S have never even seen one before.

Aunt Kim said...

Super fun! Cool picture in the newspaper! Ollie is going to love that when he gets older. I could not imagine attempting to teach and hold a baby - only you could successful pull that off Denise! Adorable kids!