Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Plague

Jeremy made this fantastic pea soup the other day. Yum. But I have to admit that the first things I thought when I heard he was making pea soup was (A) is this the middle ages, and (B) what are the chances I am going to get the plague after choking this down?

The same day Jeremy made the pea soup I had the bright idea to make my own fruit leather.

Never. Ever. Again.

This is what five pounds of fruit (about 45 minutes of peeling said fruit) and two days in the oven equals:

Gracie hates the rain but loves the sun. The sun room offers the best of both worlds.

These next three photos were the best out of the 100 I took that Sunday. In other words, the whole session was a bomb of ginormous proportions.

You can feel Abby defying me to keep clicking. Those eyes are literally ripping my soul apart with their death rays.


My friend was kind enough to buy us this wagon so I can get stuff to and from my car. You better believe Jeremy is going to be pulling me around in this when I get tired.

Runner's World gave me the fantastic idea to "walk" to my next vacation. It's so easy -- all I do is clock how long I run/walk/skip/whatever and then cross off the corresponding number of miles on the country I am currently walking through. I picked Romania. It is 800 miles total to the Bran castle, which is my final destination. Once I've clocked my mileage, I'm going to fly there for the weekend. At this rate, I'll get there sometime in April. So dang fun.

Abby drew this picture of Ollie:

Practicing her letters:

2 comments:

The Doughracle said...

Yay! You're back :) it feels like forever since you last posted. Not that I am one to talk, I haven't been able to muster the energy (or time) to get my remaining holiday posts or various others up yet - working on it slowly. It's hard to find long enough blocks of time to do it with a little one. I hope you had a wonderful summer, and life is good now Jeremy is back.

Sommer Family said...

The soup looks delicious and I love Ollie's tie. What a cute family!