Monday, October 26, 2009

My Last Quarter

Today I reached another milestone -- 175. That means I'm down 45 pounds with 25 more left to go.

I finally gave in and got rid of my fat pants, which I've been holding on to as a crutch. Now I'm sporting these Old Navy wonders that I picked up on the way to Peru. It feels good to be in a regular 14 again. Who would have thunk that would be so exciting?

I'm still running four times a week -- 14 miles total -- and loving it. I only wish I could be running outside where the leaves are changing and the weather is crisp. Japan is still in Typhoon season and that is not the least bit welcoming.

I've started a health group called Mormons on the Move. Basically we meet up once a week and discuss our progress, exchange recipes, offer support and keep each other motivated. Some members send me their weekly weigh-ins and other people just let me know how much they gained or lost so I can send out congrats to the group. It's hard to slack when the other members are counting on you to lead them and set an example. It's been just what I needed to stay on track.

As a group we are going to run a Christmas 5k, which is pretty impressive considering a good majority of the group has never run and we range in age from our 20s to the 50s. Each and every one of them inspire me every single time I see them. Seriously, they just radiate with happiness and success, You can't help but be impressed by them.

25 more pounds.... I can do it!

18 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great idea to start a support group. You look amazing! I am jealous of your running!

Jill May said...

You really look gorgeous, Denise! Your tummy is so flat! You go girl!

Rachel H said...

Wow that is amazing I am starting my life change today I have 120lbs to lose in 187 days. I hope my willpower will actually help me this time.

Being Ausmus said...

Oh man I wish I was in your group!!! You just keep getting smaller and I just keep getting bigger!!! Only 4 1/2 months prego and I've already gained almost 10 pounds...I'm in trouble!!!! Keep it up girl, you inspire me...and might I add you look AMAZING!!! You look like the Denise I met and fell in love with in Grade 9 drama class. Thin and gorgeous:)!!! What a star you are!!!

Eden said...

Denise, you look HOT! I love your idea of the group--there are a lot of friends I know that we all want to get rid of a few lbs. but no one wants/can spend the money for weight watchers--what a GREAT idea-- I love it! wait a minute, can I join your group via email?

Cassandra Hill said...

That's awesome Denise! Good for you. I'm sure you are just as inspiring to every member of your group as they are to you! You are amazing.

Callicott Family said...

You look awesome. Keep up the good work!

heidizinha said...

congratulations! denise, i'm so proud of you! i'm just about to start my trek...you're my inspiration!

sly said...

You look gorgeous!! Good job and you are inspiring! Can hardly wait to see you in person at Thanksgiving!! By the way-I love all the posts of Abby. The mood swings-what a crack-up! I can see Daddy stands no chance of saying 'no' to that cute girl!!

stanky said...

YAY! Congrats. When I'm finally in town consistently, I'll join in the MotM fun...

Aunt Kim said...

Nice body! All the blood, sweat, tears and great decision making have paid off. (Hopfully not too much blood - blisters?) Enjoy clothing shopping!

Sarah said...

You look GREAT and way to set a goal and stick to it...I'm so impressed!

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Denise
You look awesome!! Wow! I am so proud of you.

Crystal said...

You threw out the penis pants! I'm so thrilled. Also, you now weigh less than me. Guess I better come run with you on Saturday. :D

The Johnsons said...

You do look very beautiful! I also love the feeling that comes from working together with a group and making improvements in your life...it is a glowing look/feeling. It's awesome that you are spear(sp?)heading that. I love that you got a van and that you went for one with out the t.v. If it is being shipped to Germany that means you must be moving kind of soon. What's the official date?

Jena said...

Girl, you look gooooood! Great job. I am motivated to get my lazy bones out of bed a wee bit earlier. You'll drop the next 25 like a hot potato (I was trying to come up with something clever...didn't come.)

Kim said...

I'm a little disappointed there are no new blogs here!!! I will try to post a picture of Reese in her Halloween outfit if my computer will let me this time!

Anonymous said...

Denise, you look HOT! 25 more! You can do it! WOO HOO!

Now if only I can get MY butt towards MY goal haha