Saturday, July 24, 2010

Less Than a Week...

Things here are rapidly starting to wind down. Denna and I just finished the baby's room, everything is sterilized and I've stockpiled all the entertainment (motivation!) I'm going to need to stay awake during those late night feedings. I've posted what I have below and would LOVE any recommendations you have for books or movies.

We got word that our shipment should follow right after the baby (Aug 9th), and I'm really excited to get those creature comforts out of their boxes and into my home. The timing is a little inconvenient, but that's just life.

I ate my last box of otter pops today. That makes nine boxes and one bag of sodalicious pops in three weeks. I'm getting a little nervous that the baby might come out looking green, red, purple, orange or pink. We're totally going for seconds at the military base after the baby arrives.

I'll let you all know when the screaming and pushing starts. Bring on the joy.


Books in waiting:
Children of the Promise 3-5
What the Dog Saw
A Little Princess
The Prince and the Pauper
Uncle Tom's Cabin
The Scarlet Letter
Black Beauty
Cinderella
The Hidden Children
Little Lord Fauntleroy
The Great Gatsby
The Sweet Far Thing
The Robe
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Christlike Parenting
Drowning Ruth
The Diary of A Young Girl (Anne Frank)
The Grapes of Wrath
The Left Behind Series 1-3
The Alchemist
The Book Thief
The Mermaid Chair
The Heretic's Daughter
The Friday Night Knitting Club
Mothering With Spiritual Power
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Forever Lily:An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China
World War II for Dummies
Water for Elephants
The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment

TV shows I've stockpiled on my laptop:
Army Wives - Season 3
Glee - Season One
Mad Men - Season Three
The Good Wife - Season One
Parenthood - Season One
Friday Night Lights - Seasons 1-4
Legend of the Seeker - Season 2
Lost - Season 6
Felicity - Seasons 2-4
Pushing Daisies - Seasons 1 and 2

6 comments:

heidizinha said...

books: the help by kathryn stockett, and the guernsey literary and potato peel pie society.

shows: please please please find modern family for yourself. and have you seen arrested development?

Telitaadams said...

Hey there lady! I didn't realize our babies are due around the same time -- mine is on the 5th of August. When's yours? Good luck. sweetie! It's final countdown.

Jessica said...

Question: how does on survive the last THREE months of pregnancy? I'm dying here. The heat is really trying to kill me. I'm so excited your baby babe is nearly here. Yay! I LOVED Mad Men season 3.

Eden said...

I'd like to 2nd the Book Thief, and I think the 3rd Hunger Games comes out the end of August--I just finished Gone With the Wind-- a MUST READ!! loved it.

Being Ausmus said...

Love it. You are OCD organized and I love it!!!!! Don't you just love the nesting faze...you get so much accomplished!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I need to come over and read/watch shows with you :)

You're so beautiful pregnant! I love your belly :)