Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Truth

A few days ago we attended our church BBQ. While wondering through the church a few thoughts came to mind.

I have a father in Heaven who loves me unconditionally. He has given me an eternal family that is my joy. I am surrounded by friends and family who love me and strengthen me when I need it the most. I am able to do things I never thought were possible because He blesses me with courage and companionship wherever I go in the world.


The Book of Mormon is true. We have a living Prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us. Prayers are answered and revelation is real. The atonement is our focal point. We are literally brothers and sisters with each other and with Christ. Today that was reconfirmed to me and I am grateful for it.

There is nothing more important in this world than teaching my children this.

I am so happy that Abby has already begun to learn and love these simple truths.

Two thoughts in particular stand out to me and give me peace and hope:
Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.
And
Two people can do anything as long as one of them is the Lord.
How amazing is that?

2 comments:

Sommer Family said...

Thank you! What a great way to start my morning.

Jena said...

Lovely. What a blessings. You have a way with words. Thanks for sharing!