Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Wiesbaden

We went all the way to Wiesbaden (about 5-6 hours away) and I only took a few photos of Abby in the car. One would have thought that the castles would have been a more exciting shot, but I was just too lazy to lift up my camera and take pictures of them. Yup, pathetic.

Abby is the BEST little car rider ever. She loves to eat her treats, watch her movies, read her books and chatter up a storm. I am so blessed that she enjoys being on the road because we plan to car trip the heck out of Europe.





We travelled all that way for this:

Just in case you missed it, it's our sweet awesome van. Finally! Driving it around Berlin is challenging, as it's HUGE compared to the zippy European cars we share the road with. I don't care -- it's amazing to have all that room.

What isn't amazing.... how much gas costs here. Just in case you are wondering it costs $123 USD to fill up our gas tank. Luckily, the military gave us a credit card that lets us pay American prices ($60 a tank) most of the time. It only works in Germany and we only get a certain amount of pre-paid dollars a month.
Don't even get me started on all the American food I got in Wiesbaden....




1 comment:

Crystal said...

I am so glad she's doing better in the car! I suppose you're using LATCH so she can't unbuckle her car seat anymore? That is a memory I will always cherish: Abby unbuckling her seat, almost falling over, and trying to open the door. Oh, Aberdeen, I miss you a ton!