Sunday, August 08, 2010

Ollie Pop

Oliver loves his pink vibrating hand-me-down chair. I swear he would hang out there all day if we let him. He even sleeps in it instead of his crib at night. He especially loves the heartbeat sound that it makes. I would much prefer he snuggle up with me on the couch at night but he's not having it. This is one independent boy who knows what he likes!

He looks a little yellow in this photo, but I love that he's smiling and sleeping...

He also loves this duck blanket. He goes to sleep much faster when he's swaddled in fleece.

I love that a good majority of his things are pink, including his soothers. He's not afraid to show his feminine side.

Grand kids are awesome.



Abby is an awesome big sister and is the first to come to his rescue when he is in distress. She knows how to restart the heartbeat and vibrating functions on his bouncer when the time runs out. She also knows to get his soothers or let mom know when he needs some milk. She is well aware that he is in "time out" while in this chair and we can't touch or wake him. She is very thoughtful of his sleep schedule and can play quietly when he is sleeping. Seriously, she is so well behaved (at least when it comes to the baby!)

Doesn't this photo remind you of the final scene of the Breakfast Club where the "rebel" thrusts his hand in the air and the awesome 80's song Don't You Forget About Me plays in the background? Yup, he's already a fan of John Hughes movies. I loves it.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fleece huh? That's the life! haha. Don't worry, I didn't snuggle up with mom much when I was little either. But as I got older, I couldn't get enough :)

Abby is doing so well! I'm proud of the little munchkin.

Cassandra Hill said...

These are precious Denise! Looking at your photos brings back great memories of those sweet newborn baby days. Enjoy them while they last because they go by way too fast!! Ollie is adorable!

Callicott Family said...

How cute! He's adorable. Wish we could see him. By the way, Lottie thinks that lollipops are Lottie Pops. Maybe Ollie will think they are Ollie Pops.

Jena said...

I just can't handle it. He is so adorable. Lucky boy has your hair! He is doing to love that. I absolutely love seeing those flowers in Abby's hair. I need to send her more. You can tell her they are from her Michigan Aunty.

Aunt Kim said...

He's adorable! Aaron has to wear Reese's girlie bibs - they both enjoy spitting up their milk.

Being Ausmus said...

Laughing so hard!!! I love all the pink!!!! He's gonna be soooooo mad at you when he's about 14 years old:)!!! I seriously can't get over his cuteness Denise...ugh...I just want to squeeze him, we're not suppose to live so far away from each other!!!!

Eden said...

I would love to know what Abby thinks about Ollie being in "time out". she's probably seriously confused, wondering what he's always doing wrong! Cutest kids!!