Monday, December 20, 2010

A Lesson in Patience

Anyone that needs a lesson in humility should attempt to take family Christmas photos. To be fair, I never should have tried to snap a few shots while we were already late for church, but I was a tad afraid the outfits would be ruined before we returned home. I could not get Abby or Ollie to look at me at the same time, and it was nearly impossible to get a picture without one or both of them crying or whining. You are just going to have to take my word for it that they are super cute.

The following is the best of what can only be described as our mediocre family photos. I've added captions to at least make them interesting.

In this photo.... Abby and Oliver are making bets on who is going to make mom cry first.

This photo cracks me up because Oliver's head is twice the size of Abby's. It's almost like he's harboring a 'Megamind.'

Abby looks like she's about to drop a naughty word. You can almost see the trouble brewing.

This photo would be cute if she didn't look like she was a Cullen. What's with the blue tinge?

Oliver's hair has a Ludwig Von Beethoven feel to it. I'm not about to cramp his 1770's style by cutting it or brushing it down.

This was probably the best photo of the day. It's even better because I'm not in it.

My favorite boys got some cute shots together.


About 10 minutes into it Abby started to destroy the ornaments again, so we turned the photos into videos. Too bad we can't frame that joy.

Here is Abby singing O Christmas Tree in English and German:


This is Abby bossing Oliver around and tattling on him:


This is a perfect example of another crazy -- dogs barking, Oliver crying, Abby yelling -- Sunday at our house.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Kudos to you for trying :0) I personally think they're super cute! But did you end up being in any of them? We want to see you too!

Tracy said...

Awesome. The comments totally make it!! I think Ollie is enraptured with his big sister. Except when she breaks his fingers counting in German for the 4th time. LOL !

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how much I miss your family! You always seem to make me smile! And believe me when I say that that day will be a fun memory :)

Callicott Family said...

Love their hair!

Being Ausmus said...

Our family pictures often end with me throwing my hands up in the air saying "FORGET IT...YOU ALL SUCK!" Ok maybe not the last part...but I think it!!! So I feel ya sister!!!
PS. love Ollie's hair!!!

Anonymous said...

"Thats not the Christmasspirit"
:) oh denise you re so funny :D