Wednesday, December 15, 2010

O Christmas Tree

This has nothing to do with my Christmas tree, but Oliver took a snowball to the face yesterday and slept through it. He's the best sleeper ever. He didn't even care when the snow melted and made his snowsuit wet on the sleeves. I can't get enough of this kid. It literally makes my heart melt that I am lucky enough to be his mom.

We FINALLY got our tree fully decorated. Abby only broke five of the decorations. She was just too dang cute to be angry with. This year she understands what Christmas is about and is having a blast in the winter/Christmas traditions. She is going to be thrilled with what Santa (AKA Amazon) sent us this year. Seeing her get excited about Christmas makes it all the more fun. Holidays really are more enjoyable when you get to experience them through your children.

This sun room was the best idea ever. When Jeremy and I build a house (someday far away) we totally want to have one. I love reading out there with a hot chocolate. You can totally enjoy nature without the bugs and the uncomfortable temperatures.


This was the first ornament I received from my mom after I got married. I love it. It says "Our First Christmas Together." First it was just Jeremy and I, then came Gracie and Beth and Abby and Oliver. Each of those years we celebrated "our first Christmas together" with the new addition. The bigger our family gets, the more fulfilling and meaningful our lives have become. So dang awesome.


5 comments:

The Doughracle said...

I LOVE your tree! and Ollie is adorable. What a sleeper! Merry Christmas you 6 :) and thanks for the congrats - I did keep it a secret for a long time, but now we're out and super excited!

Sarah said...

I love that you were just able to laugh with Abby just breaking 5 ornaments...what a good example :0) AND, I LOVE your sun room. Wow! I think I should add that to my "hopefully someday" list ;0)

Crystal said...

We have that exact ornament!

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

That sun room is so much better in the winter. What a perfect place for Christmas.

Being Ausmus said...

Denise that sunroom is to die for!!!!! Gorgeous!!! Wish my babies would sleep through a snowball to the face:)!!!