Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Winter Is Here!

We're trying to pack as much fun and excitement into our lives before Jeremy leaves, which is perfect because Berlin is the place to be at Christmas time. We got our first big snow fall this week. They don't put gravel or salt on the roads like we do in North America, so it gets pretty slippery when it freezes. My van rocks in the winter weather and I can ramp most anything with my sweet tires. Berliners beware!

Here is Abby and Oliver enjoying me pulling them around in the sled:



This is the first Christmas market for us. It was HUGE. We ate like kings -- fried potatoes with applesauce, cinnamon bread, hot chocolate, warm grape juice, cannelloni -- and shopped till we were broke.

We could only stay until Oliver woke up. He is super warm in his stroller bundle, but as soon as he starts crying and needs to come out his whole face turns red and his eyes water. Next time we'll have to find him a babysitter and go on some rides.


Just a quick picture of the sweet babe before we left.

This weekend we also got our Christmas tree. It's a Noble Pine. It smells divine.


Our van is so big that the tree could fit inside. Best purchase ever.

We put the tree in the sun room so we could enjoy it from inside the house and when we're outside. It's also nice to lock that room to keep the kids away from the tree but still be able to see it.





3 comments:

Cassandra Hill said...

Aaaw, so fun! I love your tree, and I like how you can keep it out of reach - good call!

Being Ausmus said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE your sunroom!!!! You are so lucky!!! And you picked a fantastic tree!!!! Whoop whoop...Christmas is comin!!!!!! Love and miss you friend!!!! xo

Jessica said...

I am envious of your winter wonderland!