Saturday, December 18, 2010

Twins

Jeremy decided that store vanilla was just not good enough for him, and went about creating his own. He ordered a variety of vanilla beans online and then got some vodka to finish the process. I am in charge of shaking this bottle every two days while he is gone. Lucky me!

Oliver loves to watch Jeremy cook.


The next day I was in charge of watching my friend's baby. He is adorable. They are about three weeks apart, so it felt very much like I had twins for the day. It was EXHAUSTING, but so much fun.

It was interesting watching them side by side and checking out the similarities and differences. Layton weighs a lot more than Ollie but he is way more mobile. He can nearly roll over and was constantly lifting his head and kicking his feet. That being said, he doesn't quite know how to use his fingers and grabs at things with his fists. Oliver is so deliberate with his moves and will use all his focus spreading his fingers, getting a good grip on whatever he wants, and then slowly moving things to his mouth. It's almost like he lives in slow motion. Layton loves to giggle, but Ollie is a fan of screaming and growling. I could have watched them all day.



Nobody panic! I moved the table up against the wall and Jeremy and I each sat near a child so nobody would fall off the table. We had to keep switching their entertainment so no one got bored. Luckily, at this age, they don't mind sharing.


They also spent some time in their car seats looking at each other. They both fell asleep soon after this photo was taken.


That afternoon we headed out to another Christmas market.

I want to buy a smaller version of this for my house.

Abby REALLY wanted to ride on this bench on the merry go round. Usually I let her do whatever she wants, but there was no way I was paying three euro for something she could sit on for free.

She met me half way and sat on the sled instead. I fear she may have gotten her dad 'adventurous' spirit. *Sigh*


A very special thank you to Denna for sending this obnoxiously loud Joy to the World book that Abby is obsessed with. She is so kind to play it every time Oliver is sleeping, we are on the phone, or when we have guests. I pray the battery runs out before my sanity does.

My friend, Kim, sent me this rocking burka for Christmas. She is currently deployed to Iraq and has limited present buying options. Do you think it's too much for my ward Christmas party?


Here is a video of Abby loving her new book:

6 comments:

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

I love the burka. I wouldn't have to wash my hair or worry about my appearance. What freedom from grooming! As for the noisy book, I still have more to send for future occations. Enjoy!!! (I think there might be a switch on the back that lets you turn it on and off - but don't show Abby that or it will be of no help)

The Doughracle said...

Ollie has SO much hair! I love it, and as for the burka...hmmm, I guess you could always try it out, if it's too much - just take it off :) Awesome gift, can't say I'm envious of living in an Arab country though!

Jeremy said...

It's not really every two days for my vanilla... only once per week. I'm not totally crazy!

Hunting. . .for sanity! said...

I want a burka! Totally agreeing with Mama Denna's wisdom. I'm sure it would be appreciated by many, if I wore one! Also, I love to watch Jeremy cook, too - and to partake of his cooking. Those were the good ole days! P.S. Beware of Fresno McD - if he sees this post he may be making a call . . .

Being Ausmus said...

Abby you are adorable!!! Denise you rock a burka girlfriend!!! xo

Shelle said...

So if things get too tough, with Jeremy gone and the kids stressing you out, then you could always shake then drink the vanilla mixture, that's not such a bad thing is it??? I so miss hearing your "adventures" in person.