Monday, April 25, 2011

The Longest Blog Ever

This blog sums up my entire Easter weekend. I could have made it a few short blogs instead of one long one, but I didn't because I'm lazy. Sorry for wasting 15 minutes of your life you can never get back :P

Gracie was kind enough to eat Abby's dyed Easter eggs while we were out running errands on Thursday. Better the eggs than the Easter bunny!

Abs was less than thrilled.

We spent the first day doing a "Flat Stanley" project for Shawna's nephew. For those of you who don't know, Flat Stanley is a fictional character from a book that ends up getting squished and travels around the world in people's suitcases when they go on vacation. I guess students in the States are sending their own Flat Stanleys out to friends who live in fun places to take pictures of him doing exciting things. Basically, Shawna and I used this as an excuse to go downtown and eat some good food!
Look at Oliver holding up his huge Megamind head. What a champ! By the way, I have started telling people that Oliver's brain is so powerful he needs to wear this mind shield to contain its massive energy. He's like a superhero, without the ability to sit on his own or stay on his tummy for long periods of time. Super smart people have no need for those sissy skills!

This is Flat Stanley.

Saturday we did some service and then headed off to the zoo. I drove around for 30 minutes looking for a parking spot. The kiddos fell asleep right as I found one, of course!

Monkeys watching monkeys.

Abby is missing her dad, but luckily my sister/wife Shawna let us borrow her husband. He even traded his awesome currywurst for Abby's super lame hot dog. Clearly, she loved it so much she washed her face in it.

The Knut memorial was a little out of control. This was just a small part of it.

You can just guess what happened next...


Sunday we got up nice and early to take Easter photos.




After church we headed off to have a BBQ with one of our favorite German families. They are SO much fun. There are eight children in this family. Yup, not a typo -- EIGHT. It is always a ton of fun to spend time at their house, and they all crack me up. Loves it!

Abs dress was totally covered in crap when we got home. I don't think it will be making a repeat appearance next Easter.

Easter marked the 1/2 way point in Jeremy's deployment. Only 100 more days until he returns. What was that sound you ask? That was me barfing in my mouth a little bit.

Today we headed off to an Easter extravaganza at Dahlem Domain, which is an organic farm near my house. This is my friend Mandi and her sweet twins, Leo and Alex. They are adorable. I love their little English accents. Totally Harry Potter goodness. It breaks my heart that they are leaving this summer :(



Jamie Oliver would have been disgusted at our attempt to guess what vegetables were planted in all the different sections of the farm. Not a single one of us could figure it out. It only got worse when I attempted to have the kids take photos in the "grass," which turned out to be wheat. let's just say the workers had a lot of choice words for us that probably weren't organic.



Abs and I rocked out on the swings. I am the one with my arms failing out to the side. We probably should have done the swings before we gorged ourselves on bratwurst. Live and learn, I guess.

HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

What a great blog...I don't want those 15 minutes back:) Love you and am so proud of you, way to keep busy...and positive! You are a star!

Cassandra Hill said...

So funny! I love your commentary on your blog! Always makes me laugh! And it makes me tired too, reading everything you have been up to. Abby's hair is getting so long. Happy Easter!

Jeremy said...

GREAT pictures! I can't believe how much the kids are changing. Abby's hair is getting so long and curly and Oliver doesn't even look remotely like he did 3 months ago. I love the pictures of Abby with the tulips and Oliver in the wicker chair.

You guys look like you are having so much fun, especially at the Reiner's house. I wouldn't mind a picture or two of you guys actually missing me!

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

You are having way more fun than any of us are. Happy Easter and soon to be Mother's Day! You are an amazing mother.