Thursday, April 07, 2011

Professional Fun

I usually try to stay out of the photos I put on the blog, but today I just couldn't help but get my greasy mug all up in your business.

I totally believe in the creation, but I will say that when you get a group of moms together we all look like monkeys grooming our kids -- wiping snot off their faces, digging in their noses and ears, picking crud off their clothes. I could even see me hitting my chest in the face of Abby's defiance. Don't even get me started on my hairy bod. I'm totally half monkey!

Could my kids look more like Jeremy? If I didn't have them, I would totally be asking questions.

It's seriously hard to get a good photo. Oliver is trying to pull Abby's hair....

... or Abby is picking her nose ...

... or someone needs to be tickled to keep them from whining.

But, eventually, we get one that's sort of okay.

My dear sweet Oliver loves me more than life itself. He only wants to nap while I breastfeed him or I push him in the stroller. He loves to sleep in his crib at night, but will scream until he pukes if I even THINK of putting him in there during the day. He had a good five day stretch of going in no problem, but those dreamy days are over. Needless to say, I've stopped trying. He only lets me hold him (just like Abby!), and if I ever need to leave him with someone to go to an appointment -- HOW DARE I?!?!? -- he will scream bloody murder for hours until I return. It's exhausting being his mom, but I can't help but love that little stinker to pieces.


This is what Abby looked like in the morning of her school pictures. Her teachers let me know that she ripped out her hair, stained her shirt, and threw her flower away shortly after I left. They also let me know that not only did she refuse to smile in her picture, but she scowled at the photographer and held her hands in front of her face. Somehow I knew this was going to happen and had my own photo shoot as soon as I got her ready.

I love her "deep" look.



Abby makes me proud every single day. She is so smart, so fun, and so joyful. She is totally a daddy's girl and lives for their nightly Skype chats! I love three-years-old (so much more than two).

I stole this from my friend's page. I just LOVE it. Oliver is totally looking at my friend like, "Don't you think of touching me. This could have been a good photo, but then you got in it. I am five seconds from shoving this napkin in your mouth and getting my mom back all to myself. Just keep smiling, Punk."

Clearly, being in the exersaucer is just not fun enough!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this post because I love the photos! You look awesome, as usual and little man's hair is starting to grow back--is it much lighter? Abby's hair is so long and so cute! I actually enjoyed the twos way better than the threes but there is something utterly charming about the conversation and imagination of three-year-olds. Yup--totally Jeremy's kids!

Jeremy said...

Man is my family cute! I miss you guys!!!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute and you are not alone with your little boy! It seems that all boys are more sucky with their Moms! Mine is going to be 2 at the end of the month and he makes my pick him up and hold him a lot of the day. He also used to scream the entire time I would be gone if I dared to leave him with someone. Thankfully he's finally mostly grown out of that!

Cassandra Hill said...

So adorable!! You look GREAT Denise and the photos of Abby in her purple outfit are darling. Just way too much cuteness going on in this blog post... !

Callicott Family said...

I love the sequence of pictures - that's why you have digital! I also love Abby stories. She keeps things interesting. So you didn't get a "real" school picture? I might be tempted to frame one where she was putting her hands in front of her face.

Crystal said...

Every photo makes me laugh and your captions are just perfect! Abby looks adorbs and I can totes imagine her giving the school photog the famous Abby Stink Eye. Miss you!

Aunt Kim said...

Those are some beautiful pictures of Abby with her hair in tiny braids and I love that purple colour on her. Oliver is just simple adorable. How cuddly! He does seem like a big charmer. Too bad he won't let other enjoy him as well though!

Jill said...

Love, love, LOVE the picture of you and Ollie! That's the little face that lets you forgive all the naughtiness.

And, I agree with your friend about framing the picture of Abby with her hands in front of her face. That will hold more memories than any sweetly posed shot ever would. Heck, I kind of want a copy of it, too!

Jena said...

Those pictures are priceless! I'm in love with your kids. I wish we could come play over there. My little molly won't keep her hair for more than 30 seconds...maybe once a week. Little stinker!