Thursday, April 07, 2011

Painful Steps

I've been really trying to lose weight for the past two months, so my friend and I decided we would kick it into high gear and start taking walks and playing outside with our kids instead of sitting on the couch and eating mindlessly. We've both lost some weight and had fun adventures out in the wild with the kiddos.

A few Sunday's ago we thought we would take the kids to the forest to ride bikes and explore. Abby had fun for about 10 minutes. It's hard to explain to a three-year-old that sitting on a bench does not make you The Biggest Loser.

Since Abby was too tired to ride her bike, I got to carry her bike and drag her along.


We picked up some extra kids along the way. Everyone likes to hang out with us.

Sunday is all about playing with your dog at the lake.


The kids felt the need to "test the water," of course.


Listen to the joys of children cancelling out the joys of nature....

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Well I know what we're going to have hanging on our wall soon...

The park looks like a lot of fun; I'm sure its even better in the summer.

Don't collect too many more children before I get home; I'm pretty thrilled with the two I've got!

Cassandra Hill said...

How nice to spend so much time outside! Looks like a lot of fun and it is so beautiful there!

Aunt Kim said...

It is a good thing you replaced that stolen bike LOL! Maybe Abby was attempting to never have to ride that thing again :)

The Johnsons said...

Well I think you look great! I'm glad you put yourself in some of the pictures. I can't believe the Baboons in some of Jeremy's pictures and some of the other shots he "snuck". I was laughing out loud about Abby's school pictures. She is so full of spunk I just want to hang out with her again. And all of you of course!

Aunt Kim said...

I love your new openning blog photo! Awesome!

Jena said...

Lookin' good!