Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bad Mom

There is not a lawn chair in the world that Abby hasn't sat in. The furniture store at Atsugi is no exception. As soon as she saw these delightful chairs she beelined for them. She kicked off her shoes and prepared to get comfortable.
For some reason this lawn chair had a seat belt, which Abby promptly got caught in. She lifted her legs about four and five times and then started to get frazzled.
Then she looked back and forth and started yelling mom. At this point I should have stopped hiding behind the fake palm tree and put down the camera, but this had blog written all over it so I kept on keeping on.

Good thing Kristen was nearby to help out. She is a master of the lawn chair seat belt. At this point I was laughing so hard I had to stop taking photos. Abby was pretty ticked I wasn't helping her break free. As soon as she got untangled she pushed over the filter display and hightailed it out of there.

Who knew lawn chairs could be so traumatizing? Or that they were so dangerous you needed a seat belt so you didn't fall off of it. Next thing you know they'll come with a free helmet.

2 comments:

A Friend's Perspective said...

Good moms always laugh. At their kids, with their kids, it's all the same. Laughter, makes the world go round and keeps our kids safe from us strangling them! :)

The Johnsons said...

I'm glad to see you finally got a sunny day again. sorry about all the rain. I have been a little quiet on your blog but I've been thinking about your Beth and hoping the best for her. Any updates??