Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Abby!

My sweet and loving Abby turned THREE last month. I can't believe I already have a three-year-old. The time has flown by! Words cannot express how much I love this adorable, creative -- almost always naughty -- gem of a daughter.

We celebrated the big day by going to the circus. I thought the 'circus' was going to be Big-Top-Pee-Wee exciting. But alas, it was boy-scouts-could-have-made-the-tent-and-preformed-the-show exciting. Not so much elephants and tigers as ponies, doves, and dogs. I will give them props for having a camel. The kids loved it and the adults made fun of it -- what else is new?

It's really hard to have Jeremy gone for holidays and birthdays. We make the most out of it, but it's not the same without him. I try not to be in too many photos, but I couldn't resist getting one family photo on Abby's big day.

Abby got bored about half way through and played with pop cans. So, clearly, not much has changed in her world!

My friend made these awesome cupcakes for Abby's kita. She's got mad skills I wish I had. I was a little disappointed there weren't any leftovers to take home. Good thing I ate one (or more) or on the way there!

Abby's favorite part of the day was opening her presents.


I love how serious she is about these bathtub crayons. Thanks for the recommend on Facebook, Gil!

I know you are dying to see the camel, so here is what you missed. The commentary from my sister wife Shawna really makes the video. I'm a huge fan of the ending. I'm sure the camel won't be coming back next year if you know what I'm saying....

1 comment:

Eden said...

that. camel. was. AWESOME!!!! I love when he almost stepped on the stool!