Monday, February 07, 2011

Lucky Duck

Someone special has a birthday coming up this month. Most of her presents are still in the mail, but I ordered this pretty number from the Germany Amazon so it came directly to our house instead of the embassy. My neighbors were kind enough to intercept my package and then brought it over and handed it to Abby. She thought THEY were the greatest! Hugs all around.

That being said, they did leave a message in my mailbox saying that they got the package. To be more specific it said, "We got your package. Please ring us to get it. It's very nice. In love with you, the neighbors." I think they meant to say, "we love you" instead of "in love with you." They do know Jeremy is gone so maybe they are making their move. Either way, they rock.

What are the chances this is going to stay in the box until the 23rd?

These bikes (without the pedals) are all the rage over here. It seems like something she will totally kill herself on, but kids get the hang of them quickly and have no troubles balancing. Most of her schoolmates bike to school on these. You could almost taste the jealousy.

Here is a dress that Abby got from her friend Ainsley before we left Japan. Oliver has tons of Scott clothes. It's amazing to me that Abby still remembers where they come from and will tell me every time she puts it on that it is from her friend Ainsley or that Oliver is wearing something from her friend Scott. She has a FANTASTIC memory. It is much better than mine.

For example, yesterday I couldn't remember the pin code to my bank card. It's the same bank card and pin code I've had for five years. Not to be outdone, I also couldn't remember the pin code for the other bank card I had. I actually had to email Jeremy in Africa to send me all the pin codes to the plastic in my wallet. I used to make fun of my mom for calling us by the wrong names but at least she could get money out of a bank machine to feed us with. Sometimes I think I am seriously losing my mind. I'm only 32 -- what a shame!



4 comments:

Cassandra Hill said...

I just heard about those bikes this summer - they're supposedly the best way to teach your kids to ride a two-wheeler.

That dress is adorable and so is Abby!

Aunt Kim said...

Awesome bike and dress - love the colour red!

Callicott Family said...

Hey, Lottie has that exact same dress. Go, Zama PX super clearance. That bike looks awesome. You'll need to post some video of Abby riding it.

Gotta Move! said...

Sweet bike. Abby must think the neighbors are the BEST! I remember seeing kids on those bikes and it made me want one. Where are my neighbors in my time of need?