Tuesday, March 08, 2011

My Princess

Parenting is not a competition.... BUT if it was, there are certainly days where I would be losing. Those days would include meltdowns (me as well as the kids), Abby going to school looking like a hobo, and dinners where the side dish is candy.

But not today, my friends. Today, I am WINNING! This was Abby's Mardi Gras costume for her school party:

She loved it. I loved it. All the kids loved it. It was simply lovable.


Who wouldn't be just a tad bit smug about a dress where the skirt lit up and flashed as she twirled? Other kids were princesses, but Abby was a princess with some serious techno lighting.


Then she refused to put on her fancy princess shoes and wore this number with her black converse sneakers. I guess winning isn't everything!


8 comments:

Jeremy said...

Awesome! Lights that flash when you spin?!?!

I'm those German parents that didn't think we were crazy before, i.e. our car is bigger than two of theirs combined, will be fully convinced with our daughter sporting clothes that require batteries. Dang we're cool!

Jena said...

She is so ridiculously adorable! I love the sparkling dress.

So rice and toy animals...amazing. Hours of fun. The clean up really isn't that bad. It's worth it. Don't forget the spoons and measuring cups.

Glad you love flashlight reading as much as we do. It's the best!

Cassandra Hill said...

So fancy! I love her facial expressions!

Sarah said...

Thanks for reminding me that parenting isn't a competition! (Although some days it does feel like Brie=1, Mom=0 :0))

Oh my CUTENESS!! That Abby is going to be a heart-breaker!

And LOVE the high tec dress. Awesome!

Crystal said...

I LOVE her outfit and the chucks just make it that much cooler. Tha'ts what Princess Mia (from Princess Diaries) would wear!

Jill May said...

I LOVE the converse and princess dress combo! She's a punk rock princess!

Aunt Kim said...

Reese is jealous! We love all the bling! We hope she had a fabulous day. Reese still wears her fairy Halloween costume - thankgoodness I bought it a bit big. Great job Denise - beautiful pictures!

Tracy said...

Was this Mardi Gras or Fasching? Those Germans throw some mean Fasching parties and parades!!