Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cruise - Sardinia, Italy


Today I woke up in a horrible mood. I was missing the kids and really tired from the non-stop action we’ve had for the past week. We got off the ship in Sardinia, but the town closest to the boat was ugly and boring. It was Sunday and so most everything that looked interesting was closed. The only thing exciting about that town (at least for Jeremy) was the hot cops – I have no idea where they shipped these ladies in from but they were working it! The taxis wanted us to pay 160E to take us to the beach and back for an hour. By that point I was so furious that I threw in the towel and we headed back to the boat.

We ended up having a blast back on ship. Everyone was gone so we got the best deck chairs with a great view of the island I now hated. We got to eat all our favorite foods with no line. I read almost a whole book and drank Coke Zero until I nearly burst. It turned out to be a really fun day after all. And, to make me feel better, no one else was really impressed with this port. The beaches were awesome but too cold to swim in and the day was too hot to really enjoy being out in the sun for hours at a time. I guess there was only one small restaurant to visit if you wanted to get out of the shade. Most ships don’t dock here and now I see why.

Here are the only three photos I have of Sardinia.





No comments: