Saturday, October 03, 2009

Charlotte

I hate spiders, which is why it is so ironic that I am fiercely protective of this one....

This is sweet Charlotte. She is our industrious and faithful family pet who built a rather large and indestructible web outside our kitchen window. It has been fascinating to watch her work.
Abby loves to stand underneath her beautiful web. She knows where Charlotte lives and loves to call our 'SPIDER' every time we come up our walkway.

Jeremy's not afraid to go in for a high five.

3 comments:

Jill May said...

I hate spiders too, but I had a "pet" spider named Whilhemina when we lived in Florida. She was huge. We had to let her go when she decided to disappear on us and then pop back up in unexpected places... not cool.

Jeremy said...

Don't let Denise fool you... she hates this spider and I'm pretty sure the next time I leave town our little friend is going to get blown down by the wind or something. I protect him because I'm pretty sure he eats 10 times his weight in mosquito everyday, but once he gets as big as a cat I don't know if Denise will let him stay around.

We haven't found any words spelled in his web yet, but I have walked through it and had the web slide over the top of my head and go "BNNGGG". Nothing broke, but is sounded like when you stretch a rubber band and play music on it. Spiderman, eat your heart out!

Jessica said...

How about those spiders on Emerald Isle? FREAKED me out. Asher asked to hold one and I was like oh hell to the no.