Friday, October 09, 2009

My Buddy Daniel

A few weeks ago I started an intensive scripture study of Daniel with an on-base organization called The Protestant Women of the Chapel. It is lead and staffed by the local Protestant members, but based on a 12-week program by Beth Moore, an evangelist with Living Proof Ministries. Basically we show up to watch a one-hour video and then have an hour discussion about what we saw and the homework we completed the previous week.

Yes, I'm still Mormon (and I plan to stay that way!); however there are plenty of true and wonderful truths to be learned from the righteous and faithful Christians around us, regardless of what church we attend on Sunday. The study so far has been no less than exceptional.

Plus they have a wonderful free daycare for the children while we study. Hallelujah.

I have grown to LOVE Daniel. I admire his bravery and integrity. What an amazing man. I am so happy to be getting this chance to get him know him better. I wish I had of introduced myself sooner.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Tamara's bible study is doing a Beth Moore, too!

Being Ausmus said...

Ah wish I was there to go with you!!! Sounds awesome!

Sarah said...

Cool! I love the story of Daniel too...and the peace that he was able to have in such a terrifying experience! Isn't it true?... there is truth and sincere lovers of truth and of God all around us.

Eden said...

that sounds like so much fun--I can't wait until I can take a scripture class of some sort! good for you Denise!

Jessica said...

Great idea!

Jena said...

I wish I were more like you.