Thursday, October 08, 2009

Typhoon Melor

We had another typhoon the other day. It was like all the others -- nothing serious, just a lot of rain and some of our crap blown over. The trees on base took the brunt of the storm. We took the camera out to get some snapshots.
They posted this dramatic nonsense on my door the day of.

Here is Abby playing on some broken branches.
The bark on the inside of this trunk was so soft that we could peel it away with our hands. No wonder it broke.

They had already started cleaning these trees up before we got there.

I guess Abby can't wreck it any further. Might as well let her have fun.

She looks like a mountain climber in this photo. It made my heart swell a little.

Just hanging out in the midst of all the action.

I know you're wondering... Charlotte's is fine. Her web got pretty mangled, but she'll have it up and running soon. What a trooper.

5 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

Phew!!! Thats exactly what I was thinking. You said the word Typhoon and I immediately thought "gasp...Charlotte!!!!" thank goodness she's alright!!!
PS. If I lived there I would have had my husband go squash the sucker the day I found it:)!!!
xo
PPS love the pic of Abby leaning against the pylon!

Jena said...

That spider is insane. INSANE! I really hope those Typhoons keep it toned down for y'all (however you write the southern you all).

sly said...

First of all-yea-I got connected to your blog again. Had some computer work done and lost all the blogs I had bookmarked. Second-Are you sure that's Charlotte? Not sure that's a friendly looking spider. Third--oh,typhoons. Reminds me of Aren's mission in Taiwan and the fact I do not like high winds. Glad you are all ok. And lastly-(two lastlys)-Abby gets cuter and cuter and her personality is so fun--and going clear back to the blog with grandma blowing bubbles--don't you think grandma'a should live really close so they can always blow bubbles and play? Wait, one more lastly. I loved the riding the bull blog. That makes me miss Jessey so much cause she was exactly that kind of dog with kids. How we love them, don't we?

Aunt Kim said...

Love Abby against the pylon picture as well, very cute. There must have been some wind!

Eden said...

please do something about that spider--its making me have anxiety . . . .