Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Waterworks

We can never visit Sagamihara Park enough. The petting zoo is tremendous fun and the open space is divine. Goodness knows I'd live there if they let me.

Abby looking thoughtful
A few months ago she was afraid of this horse, but now she would have crawled into his cage if I let her.

She was fascinated by this peacock. We literally spent 10 minutes gawking at it. The cheeky bird wouldn't show her his feathers.

Abby still hates the guinea pigs. Some things never change.

Perfect pigs

This lazy raccoon cracked me up! All it needs is some shades, a sandy beach and an umbrella.

Abby thought she would outsmart the fountain and crawl underneath the spout to stay dry.

But then she got up too fast and it sprayed her right in the face.

A very wet Abby

Happy days are here again!

Who's exhausted?

9 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

LOL too cute!!! I love her in that little green dress! I also love that while Abby is being sprayed directly in the face her mother instead of running to her aid is clicking pictures! You know you're a real mom when you'll sacrifice your child for the perfect blog photo:)!!!
xoxo

Eden said...

just go ahead and check you out and your blogathon--you aint joking around when you do a post! I think you're just soft on that raccoon because he reminds you of . . . what was his name again? I just remember him sleeping in your dresser--those were the days--eh?

Sarah said...

So fun! I love all of your pictures (especially of the racoon :0)). And I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

Jessica said...

Ahh, the joy of parks! Abby looks adorable in that little dress! Sorry about the water in the face but that must have been hilarious!

Aunt Kim said...

I wish we could take Reese there! She has only seen some neighbourhood cats and dogs. Boring! Abby's green dress is adorable! What fun! I cannot believe how wet Abby got - poor thing!!!

sly said...

Rach is right...blogathon! So glad you did it, that was fun! I always love to see the admiration Abby gets from the locals. Hilarious!

Gotta Move! said...

Good photo shot! What a memorable moment.

sly said...

Love your posts!! Love seeing what you are doing! What fun places to go to and it is great seeing that you are not missing anything. Oh, that raccoon--brings back memories, huh? He sure gave us all a smile!! Abby steals the show though, here as well as with the locals. PS-the last Su post was really Jena. This is the real Su!! Have fun you guys!!

stanky said...

LOVE the fountain sequence-- nice photography and commentary. I keep laughing every time I look at it!