Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wii Hoo!

I am pleased to announce that I am the new owner and operator of a Wii Fit. Totally love it. Although I seriously rock the yoga and strength exercises, my favorites are the aerobic and balance category; in particular, the hula hooping and balance ball games.
I am mad competitive. My neighbor Kirsten – who is five months pregnant – came over and beat me in a few categories. Talk about rubbing my fatness in my face. I refused to stop playing until I kicked her out of the top spots. Then I changed her character to a creepy middle-aged dude named Boris. Nobody beats me on my own Wii!

But I digress….

When you first sign into the Wii you have to create a profile of yourself. First you enter your birthday and height. Then they weigh you on the Wii scale and put you through a series of exercises to test your balance, coordination and stamina. Then they give you an age that you perform at. Mine was 42. That’s right. I play the Wii like a 42 year old. Then they told me that I was obese and made my on-line character fat. She literally blew up like a balloon and got rolls. Nice. My video game also makes fun of me. I paid for this abuse so I really am a loser!

It charts when my next weigh in is, records what games I play every day and the time I spend on them and lets me add additional exercise I do outside of the Wii to my chart. Seriously amazing. My OCD is tickled pink.

The Wii – everyone should own one!

3 comments:

Sommer Family said...

I totally want to play! Does the Wii register your weight on the high side or the low side? I personally perfer a scale that is a on the low side. Maybe we should switch movie night to Wii night!

Hunting. . .for sanity! said...

I'm sooo jealous! I want to play!

Crystal said...

I love my wii fit. When you turn it on after not doing it for a while, it totally berates you! It's like, "Where you been fatty?!"