Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Va-Kay from our Va-Kay

We managed to sneak two extra vacations into our Utah time: San Fran and Vegas.

SAN FRAN:

I am the worst for remembering to take photos when I'm on vacation. This was the only photo I took in California.That being said, the best moments couldn't have been caught on film anyway. Things like gossiping and giggling with Robyn until well past midnight. It was so much fun spending a few days with the Ausmus family.

Abby and Jacob (G-pup as Abby calls him) had a ball taking turns being naughty. She got a little too personal in the bathtub and he had a tender moment straightening her hair with Robyn's flatiron. We nearly put them over the top with a road trip and smores. Two peas in a bod -- just like their mamas!

VEGAS:

This year Jeremy and I will celebrate our five year anniversary. We honeymooned in Vegas and thought it would be fitting to head back to celebrate. Luckily, Jeremy's parents volunteered to watch Abs while we lived it up. They took one for the team because she ran a fever the first night we were gone. I was happy she was in good hands and we didn't need to worry.

We splurged on the room and got a suite with a fountain-facing room at the Bellagio.
We ate at all the best digs, including Mario Batali's restaurant at the Venetian.




We got dressed up and took our front row seats at the Phantom of the Opera. I've seen it before but never like this. It's worth going to Vegas just to see how amazing they've made it.

And we ate at Bouchon -- a French restaurant that blew our socks off.

Here is my only video from San Fran. It's me and the kiddos bouncing around:

This is what we did for a good portion of our trip in Vegas:


9 comments:

Aunt Libby said...

Love your Abby tales. What a room in Vegas! I spent hours watching the water shows and had to buy that Andrea Bocelli CD after hearing that music. You picked the perfect piece to videotape for me!!

Jessica said...

Denise--you look amazing! What a hottie!

Holly said...

I wish I could find a good deal for a sweet room in Vegas. ROCK and ROLL!

Aunt Kim said...

Very cool trip! I'm jealous! I don't remember music playing to the fountains though. Super cool! I can't believe it is has been already five years - congratulations! You guys know how to live it up!

Erin said...

I can't wait to go back to Vegas. I'm so jealous. And Bouchon is the best french restaurant ever! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience there last year.

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

What amazing fountains!

Eden said...

I love those fountains--we're thinking of an over-nighter to Vegas too, so the Phantom was worth it--eh?

Being Ausmus said...

D you look so good in all these pictures! You're a regular hot tomali girlfriend!!! So loved seeing you guys...thanks for a wonderful visit!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'd LOVE to go to Vegas! I think it'd be a BLAST!

Congrats to you and Jeremy! :)