Monday, May 31, 2010

Likes and DIslikes

Germany is nearly perfect, but I still have a few dislikes...

I dislike all the graffiti. It is on EVERYTHING -- all over the subway, restaurants, public attractions, sidewalks, trees in the forest, even kindergartens we checked out for Abby. It gives the city a rough and edger feel, which is kind of unnerving sometimes. It is such a shame.

I dislike that Germans don't use ice. It's not very refreshing to get a luke-warm coke at a restaurant. They only use mini-fridges here for the most part, and there is NO room in the freezer for ice. We're going to have to get a ice maker for the counter.

I dislike that Germans put the alarm bell in the elevators at Abby's eye level. It catches her eye and is way more fun to press. Let's just say that we've been "rescued" from just about every elevator in the city.

I love that dogs go everywhere with their owners. Here is puppy parking at Ikea. Jeremy is afraid some of the dogs will be stolen while their owners are in shopping. I would be more concerned that Gracie would be outside maiming people while I am buying a futon. I'm sure the dog-loving Germans would just pick up their amputated limps and continue to pet her.

I like that Abby will stay in her stroller if she has an ice cream cone. I also like her Ronald McDonald mustache.

I like that Ikea hotdogs have crispy fried onions and sweet pickles. Delish.

I like when Abby falls in love with herself in the subway window and then practices German:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go on an elevator ride with you guys!!! Haha

That video was too cute. I love it :)

Libby said...

I "like" that I also got to see and hear Jeremy and Denise in that video of Abby. :)

Jill May said...

That is so funny that you mentioned the graffiti. I actually did a photo essay on the graffiti of Valencia (Spain)when I was living there. It was absolutely ubiquitous. I liked it. Most of it was very artsy, and mural-y, and thought provoking, though. Love the video! She is such a ham!

Eden said...

Jay watched this video with me and kept trying to copy everything Abby said--cute!

Eden said...

p.s. totally agree with you about the ice-- if I'm drinking a soda, I prefer it to be so cold that it sticks to the ice and freezes-- lukey pukey!

Crystal said...

It's crazy how much louder German trains are then Japanese ones. And no ice is not cool. Really.

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Love the video! I want a bite of that hotdog. Looks good!