Sunday, May 09, 2010

Church Adventures

Today we got a chance to visit our new ward. I was totally anxious, as I know most of my closest friendships will probably be created amongst these people. It's amazing that no matter where I go in this world, I literally have brothers and sisters (a whole freaking ward family of them) waiting to make sure that I am happy, healthy and loved. These wonderful Saints did not disappoint. Not only did we get a ton of offers to help us out, but we also got a dinner invite for this evening and a play date set up for this week.

The ward is half foreign nationals and half native German. Sacrament meeting and Relief Society are in German (it's translated for me through headphones) and gospel doctrine is in English. There are quite a few nursery/primary children and a handful of young women (babysitters!). We stayed with Abby for a few minutes to get her settled in nursery, then she showed her independent spirit and kicked us out. Some things never change.

This is snapshot of my big tummy (28 weeks):
Abby with a strawberry mustache:

Taking the subway to church:

These are some of the awesome houses around the church. The church is located about 15 minutes from the neighborhood we're going to live in.

This is our church:

8 comments:

Crystal said...

I am so excited for you! See, there was nothing to worry about. People love you and you'll have friends to kill time with in no time.

Sommer Family said...

Yippy! It sounds like just what you need. I can't wait to visit!

Being Ausmus said...

Ummm Denise...you seriously look radiant!!! Love that dress. So glad church went well!!!! xo

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

What a beautiful place Berlin is. I am so glad you found friends right away. And by the way, Happy Mother's day!

RocketChick said...

Wow, what a beautiful place! You're so lucky! Enjoy it!

The Johnsons said...

It all looks so enchanting! I can't wait to see what you find.

Anonymous said...

You look so awesome! I'm super nervous to be pregnant. I'm scared to see how big I'll get *eek!*

Church sounds great! I'm glad that you're settling in already! I thought it was pretty cool how you get headphones.

Holly said...

You look goregous in that dress. Love it!