Friday, May 07, 2010

Missing You Already

This was the last photo of me taken in Japan. I look surprisingly thin and not pregnant. I should carry a balloon around with me all the time.


One of the hardest things about moving is leaving all the wonderful friends (aka my Japan family) behind. I really made the most of my time and got to know a ton of people. I'll miss all my enrichment groups: book club, cooking class, lunch bunch, playgroups, bible study groups, running groups, etc. It's amazing how much I learned from all of the wonderful people I was so blessed to spend my time with.

Living so far from home means you have to really depend on your friends to meet your emotional, temporal and spiritual needs. Japan did not disappoint. I only hope I was able to give of myself so freely and loyally in return.

To my friends in Japan: you are so missed. I know we'll meet again somewhere in this crazy world. Thanks for making my life brighter and more full. What an incredible adventure you are all on. How blessed we are!

To my Heavenly Father: thank you so much for Facebook. I think I would die without it.

1 comment:

Being Ausmus said...

So true how friends become family while far away from your own. Glad you made some great ones!