Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod

Spring in Japan is warm, beautiful and inviting. We took advantage of this Saturday by taking a family trip to the park.

Abby just LOVES her daddy, mostly because he isn't a 'helicopter parent.' He doesn't hover over her while she's playing, constantly check to see what's in her mouth, change her every time she gets dirty, or reinforce the rigid bedtime schedule. They spend their days together laughing, learning and exploring. It is thrilling for Abby and terrifying for me.

So I don't know why I was shocked when Jeremy decided she could use the slide by herself. SHE JUST TURNED ONE! Here I am, totally unprepared for the upcoming trauma, snapping photos and looking oblivious. This photo came right before I realized no one was at the bottom of the slide to catch her. True to form, she slide off the end and rolled around on the ground laughing. Then she ran over to daddy for a round two. They are two peas in a super crazy pod!

Here is Abby getting ready for a second trip down the slide. Yes, mommy is at the bottom this time.

Abby also likes to climb up the slide and slide down on her own. She is so independent.

Abby was laughing so hard she fell over. Needless to say, it was a long trip home.

3 comments:

Eden said...

I knew you guys were going to be the best parents ever! I can't believe she's going down the slides by herself--Jay is just a month younger than her, but is still so much babier--and I intend to keep it that way!

Aunt Kim said...

I hope little Reese can move as well as Abby can when you visit Canada in July so they can can have so much fun running, climbing and giggling together. We should see how many different parks we can visit while you are home. Abby is very adventurous and brave - sounds like someone I know!
Aunt Kim xoxoxox

A Friend's Perspective said...

Go Abby Go!! That's what Dad's are for, the fun stuff that Mom is scared of. : )