Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kiss and Tell

The weather has been amazing, so Jeremy took a day off work so we could go to Yokohama and Chinatown.

Abby loves water. We spent most of our time trying to keep her from jumping into this fountain. She is about five seconds from throwing a tantrum in this photo.


Throw your hands in the air if you love Yokohama!

Abby does not talk to strangers -- we taught her so well! -- so there was no way she was going anywhere near these two ladies. After a few minutes I thought they would give up and let her pass without the harassment, but no; they were dead set on getting some Abby action. She was not having it! It looks like she is about to give them the Care Bear Stare. You go, girl.

Apparently these kids didn't get the earlier message. They wanted to start an international play group. Abby wouldn't even look in their direction. She was climbing all over Jeremy's legs trying to get him to pick her up. Other kids are scary!

Abby is joyfully making her great escape. I love this photo of her laughing her head off with her daddy.

Abby finally gave in and let this girl hug her. It surprised us all.

Then the cheeky monkey went in for a kiss. Abby looks stunned.

Memo: I'm just not that into you.

However, I am into water and birds. I'm not so much of a people person.

Yokohama harbour is in the background. Abby enjoyed watching the boats sail past. Every time we walked away she would rush back and climb on these railings.

Ready for phase two.

Jeremy hanging out with a pile of dead animals.

Hanging lanterns in Chinatown.

Abby and Jeremy at a Chinese temple.

Abby giving it the thumbs down. She is so hard to please.

8 comments:

Sommer Family said...

I should have skipped PWOC!

Jena said...

You know how to have fun!

If I could I would give abby a kiss on those cute little cheeks.

Being Ausmus said...

I love your blog:) Abby's hair is getting so light!!! Love that little girl stealing a kiss...priceless!
xo

Eden said...

Lucky ducks! I wish we would get out and do more stuff!

Aunt Kim said...

Awesome sights! The pictures of Abby getting hugs from the little girl melt my heart. You guys have the coolest outings! Reese and I are jealous!

Sarah said...

How funny! I love how much personality Abby has! :0) So, just curious...how did you go about teaching Abby not to talk to strangers?

A Friend's Perspective said...

Chinatown in Japan? What a hoot! Good for Abby for giving in to the PDA. We have a couple of photos of Ben getting smooched and hugged involuntarily too. :) What can we say, we have cute kids!

Jill May said...

So cute! Cliff and I were absolutely dying looking at that little girl hug and kiss on Abby. So funny!